Hawthorne Valley is a destination for visitors from all over the world, and we welcome you to spend a few hours or a few days exploring our farm. Upon entering the property, you grant to Hawthorne Valley the right to photograph you and your dependent(s) for use in Hawthorne Valley print, electronic and digital media and publications.
Visitors are welcome to take photographs while visiting Hawthorne Valley for their own personal use. Please be respectful of staff and visitors, and follow the following guidelines:
- This is a working farm. Photographers may not interrupt the work of any Hawthorne Valley staff. Do not enter animal enclosures.
- The photography of children on the property (other than your own) is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission by the Director of Marketing.
We are delighted that you are considering Hawthorne Valley as the location for your photos and/or videos. To ensure a positive experience for you, while maintaining a pleasant environment for our staff, students, and other farm visitors, please read the following guidelines:
- Any photographer or videographer who intends to use images of Hawthorne Valley for commercial, professional, advertising, or promotional purposes must pre-arrange a shoot at least one week in advance with the Director of Marketing.
- Professional photography shoots (personal, engagement, wedding, etc.) must be approved and scheduled in advance with the Director of Marketing.
- This is a working farm. Photographers may not interrupt the work of any Hawthorne Valley staff. You may not enter animal enclosures without permission and must be accompanied by a staff member.
- If you wish to stage a photo shoot that includes Hawthorne Valley farmers, farm learners, or any other staff, you must contact the Director of Marketing in at least one week in advance to inquire about scheduling a date and time for a shoot that is convenient for the staff involved.
- The photography of children (other than your own) is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission by the Director of Marketing.
- Certain areas of the property may be off limits to commercial shoots. Please inquire in advance.
- Fees may apply and will be determined on an individual basis. We encourage you to schedule an on-site scouting visit prior to finalizing photo shoot arrangements and fees.
- All commercially published photographs must include a credit that the image was shot at Hawthorne Valley Farm.