This free festival is made possible through the efforts of countless volunteers, and we appreciate all they do to support the festival in this way.
Volunteering at the festival is fun and rewarding, so if you came to the Festival this year and would like to help next year, several ways you can help are listed below! Some people have volunteered at the same activity for many, many years while others may be joining us for the first time. No experience is necessary, and you can rest assured you’ll be placed in an activity that you are comfortable with and will enjoy.
Some ways to help include:
- Supervise a children’s activity – hay maze, hay jump, pumpkin carving, arts and crafts activities
- Help with food – help out in the main food tent, at the Pizza Oven, with the Hot Dog Stand, or in the Dessert Cafe (serving, cashiering, tidying).
- Organize an activity – have an idea? We’d love to hear it! Each year, individuals step forward with an idea and implement it. Past activities have included face painting, bracelet making, two-person saw contest, firewood guessing game, and others. Please contact us with your idea and we’ll let you know if it’s a good fit and then work with you on all the details.
- Play music
- Bake desserts of the Dessert Cafe
- Other? There’s plenty more – you name it! If there’s an activity you’re aware and would like to help with specifically, just let us know.
Frequently asked questions:
- How long of a shift do I have to sign up for?
We try to schedule people for two-hour shifts in one area (i.e. the Food Tent or the Hay Maze), but any amount of time you can volunteer for is appreciated. The shifts typically include set up, 10 am to 12 pm, 12 to 2 pm, and 2 to 4 pm, and clean up, but the schedule is flexible.
- Can my child volunteer?
Volunteering is appropriate for anyone 14 years or older. Please do not volunteer with young children in tow. Thank you for your understanding as we seek to create a fun, safe festival for all.
Please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.