Please join us for our annual Collaborative Arts Conference as we honor our living earth with gifts of the creative soul.
We will explore the healing of nature and ourselves through the wisdom of story and the magic of puppetry arts.
We invite you to a journey of midsummer dreaming and elemental awakening in Hawthorne Valley’s forests and fields as we attune to the earth’s beauty and wisdom. In this collaborative conference of storytelling and puppetry arts, we will explore pedagogical, therapeutic, and creative dimensions of our relationship with nature.
As we work with children, how can we align with healing forces on the Earth and humankind? How can we inspire younger generations to take up the legacy of responsible stewardship of our fragile planet? We will share stories that touch the sacred and eternal truths of life as we travel together to thresholds of awakening – and return empowered to share the gifts of inspiration.
Our presenters this year include:
- Nancy Mellon – Listening to the Sage Spirit – Inspirational Storytelling
- Jennifer Aguirre – Presenting from the Sphere around Us – Story Apron Art
- Amelia McIsaac – Foraging for Color – Dyeing with Local Plants
- Susannah White – Animal Companion Puppets and Creating a Forest Lap Stage
- Janene Ping – Elemental Dreaming – Forest Puppetry with Children
- Marjorie Rehbach – Silk Marionette Nature Spirits
For more information, or if you are needing scholarship/work study support in order to attend, please contact Janene Ping at 518 701-1025 or by e-mail.
Date(s) - 07/23/2020 - 07/28/2020
Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School